Born Cherilyn Sarkisian and popularly known by her stage name Cher, is one of the most popular American singers, actresses, and television personalities. The media often refers to her as the Goddess of Pop. Born on the 20th of May 1946, Cher has been one of the most prominent faces among women in the entertainment industry. She is famous for her vocal range controls not commonly seen in the industry.
Over her six decades-long (and still going) career, the artist has adopted myriad styles and appearances. One of her styles is to take numerous names such as Cheryl LaPierre, Cher Bono, Bono Allman, etc. However, the most common name people know her by is Cher. Over the course of her career, she has sold hundreds of millions of albums all over the world and has become one of the top-rated actresses and a television personality appearing in numerous TV shows. But all these success stories have a common behind-the-scene childhood episode. Cher was a child with dyslexia. Cher is a fine example of how dyslexia cannot stop you from achieving all that you aim for.
On various occasions, Cher has spoken her heart out and what she says might inspire many. Her opinions and beliefs about hard work and staying true to the dream are deeply meaningful. . Here are some of her most inspiring quotes which can help motivate and inspire children who are suffering from dyslexia much like her.
Quotes by Cher to inspire individuals struggling with learning difficulties
1. “I have a belief: what belongs to you, comes to you.”
If you have worked hard for something and are determined to reach your goals, then there is nothing that can stop you from reaching the zenith of success. If it truly belongs to you, it will come to you. Hard work, passion, and dedication are some of the most important virtues of life.
2. “Everyone’s got to have a dream… it’s not reaching your dream that counts. It’s going toward them.”
Reaching your dreams and achieving your goals come second; the journey and hard work you devote to achieving the goal are more important and make all the difference. If you are dedicated to your dreams, there is a high chance that you will reach there. If not, there is nothing to be worried about. You will learn from your mistakes and that is what truly matters.
3. “If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.”
Love and hope will always find you if you are patient enough. If something as miraculous as a plant growing from cement can happen in this world, then you can surely find love and hope in your life.
4. “Honesty makes me feel powerful in a difficult world.”
No matter what you do in life, always try to be honest. If you are honest, you will be able to feel powerful as honesty is a very rare virtue that not a lot of people have. You can be proud to possess honesty and that will make sure you get what you want.
5. “The only thing in the world you can change is yourself and that makes all the difference in the world.”
If you want to change the world, the first thing you need to work on and try to bring a positive change in, is yourself. If you cannot change yourself, you will not be able to make a difference in the world. Making changes in your life makes it easier to identify what else needs to change around you.
6. “I can’t spell or do grammar, but I’m smarter and more serious than people think. I’m no featherweight when it comes to digging deep and being involved. So many stars I know to do so much. It’s our duty to give back.”
Just because you have a learning disability, it does not mean that you are any less smart or less dedicated.
7. “I feel like a bumper car. If I hit a wall, I’m back up and going in another direction. And I’ve hit plenty of walls in my career. But I’m not stopping. I think maybe that’s my best quality: I just don’t stop.”
While living with dyslexia, it is more than likely that you will hit a lot of hurdles through life. But it is important that you do not stop even after getting knocked down. It is okay to fail in life as long as you do not give up and keep pushing through all the hurdles.
8. “If you’re waiting for someone to believe in you, you’ll be waiting forever.”
If you want other people to believe in you, it is of utmost importance that you first believe in yourself. If you do not believe in yourself, you cannot expect anyone to believe in you.
9. “Words are like weapons; they wound sometimes.”
You need to remember that words are very powerful. You need to be very wise and think twice before you say anything to anyone. Always remember that you cannot take back your words. Harsh words can hurt an individual beyond repair.
10. “I don’t know what else I would be if I wasn’t me. I am not looking from the outside, looking back. I am who I am.”
To be successful in life, you need to be able to understand who you are and continue to be what you are. If you try to be someone else, your aim might get shifted.
11. “My passion lies with whatever I’m doing at the time… I only see what is in front of me.”
It is essential that you focus on one thing at a time and invest all your concentration into it. This way you can better utilize available times and proceed
12. “I wish that I did the things that I really believe in because when I do, my life goes much smoother.”
Always stay true to yourself and do what you want to do in life. If you are staying true to yourself you will discover that life will seem to be much easier and it will feel like a smooth ride.
13. “Everybody has good things happen and bad things happen, and long stretch where nothing happens at all.”
It is essential for you to understand that time changes and all kinds of things are bound to happen in life. Both good and bad things might come your way all the time. In addition, you will also find that sometimes nothing seems to happen and that is okay too. In life, you need to deal with all kinds of things and this is one of them.
14. “If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen.”
If you are truly determined towards achieving your goals and dreams, you will surely achieve them. As the famous saying goes, “if there is a will, there will be a way.” If you truly want something and work hard, nothing will stop you.
15. “I am the girl who everyone said was never going anywhere. I guess I shocked a few people.”
In life, you will come across people that will doubt you and your abilities to achieve your dream.
People with learning disabilities such as dyslexia are in no way any less talented than other people. While it is true that they have a hard time learning and adapting to their situations, it is also true that some of the most successful people in the world have struggled with learning disabilities. Cher is a fine example of this. All that she has achieved should be considered a source of motivation and inspiration by people. Taking a cue from Cher, people of all ages, including children, motivate themselves and set forth on the journey to reach success and stop not till they do