Last Updated on February 4, 2022 by Editorial Team
People often wonder how a set of few words can fabricate motivation in an individual. Evidently, this is possible if these words account to form a quote. A good quote can enhance perception by stipulating readers to brainstorm towards the right direction of life.
The self-same is the case with Art Quotes too. Pablo Picasso rightly states, “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.” Art quotes can be great cleansers of life for both kids as well as adults. Comprehending the same, we will look into our handpicked art quotes for kids.
How are Art Quotes distinct?
Being a crucial fraction of the quotes population, Art quotes can be sometimes exclusive. May it inspire kids to follow their passion and hobby, encourage them to be creative, or help them showcase their natural talent. Art quotes enhance kids in many ways. They may prove worthy and distinctive due to the following reasons:
- Promotes Creativity: Creativity is the ability to think outside the box. Solutions to major problems are linked to it, and thus are vital. Art quotes inspire kids to be creative and help them follow their dreams, imaginations, and ideas.
- Improves mental health: Art quotes also encourage mental peace and stability for many kids. Keepin artists away from depression, and motivating them to continue what they love, these quotes help them motivate themselves and fight the negativity, which improves their mental health and stability.
- Self-Realisation: Kids take in a lot of information, and it takes time for them to process everything and reflect simultaneously. Art quotes allow them to explore and express their feelings through art. It provides a soul for their emotions. Through art, kids can express their feelings and desires.
- Help kids connect: Every child is different, and all need inspiration from one another. Art is a medium that provides common grounds for people who don’t know each other. Art quotes influence kids to be social and friendly. Quotes inspire kids to connect and helps them bring together.
- Productive Ideas: Art quotes encourage the children to explore art and master their skills. It provides them with a medium to express themselves. They promote confidence in children and enforces creativity, natural ideas, and imagination.
Art Quotes for Kids- Handpicked for Your Young Learner!
There is a golden history about art inspiring youth and kids; it cannot be copied or mugged up. Instead, they upscale natural skills and talent with time. Some of the famous artists that brought up famous quotes in the genre of Art are Vincent Van Gogh, Picasso, Bob Ross, Tori Amos, and many more. The list is never-ending.
Without any further ado, let’s read along some of the quotes that open up one’s nerves to art again.
1. “I started painting as a hobby when I was little. I didn’t know I had any talent. I believe talent is just a pursued interest.”– Bob Ross
A very meaningful message was delivered by Bob Ross, where he highlights that there is no bar to interest. We learn from small things, and interest in things can start at any age. He started painting when he was young. At that age, he didn’t even know about the fame he would receive. Being passionate and accepting the hobby to be paramount, one can be motivated to achieve goals in life. Bob Ross stood up with his hobby, and soon it became his talent, and later the world saw his great work.
2. “Painting is self-discovery. Every good artist paint what he is.” – Jackson Pollock
The sky is Pink. It sounded weird to many, but some fell in love with the meaning after understanding. The metamorphic meaning was, “It is your sky, so you can choose to paint it accordingly.” The same message is conveyed in the quote mentioned above.
Every artist is different; likewise, every kid is different. One should not compare one’s talent with others. Jackson Pollock is famous for the Drip technique and Picasso for theatre designing. They were the best in their field and provided with great art and creativity. It is good to stand up for yourself because you are different, and no one can be you.
3. “If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”– Vincent Van Gogh
There are several voices in our heads. Remember reading and listening about the angel and devil sides of our mind? Well, they are now called instincts. Trusting them sometimes becomes dreadful and sometimes a blessing.
One should believe in themselves. If one likes art, go for it. There is no stopping for creativity in this world. Vincent Van Gogh greatly believed in himself, even though his mind was tossing around giving up art and creativity. Anyone can be like Vincent by trusting their skills over their thoughts and imperfections.
4. “There is room for everybody on the planet to be creative and conscious if you are your own person. If you’re trying to be like somebody else, then there isn’t.”– Tori Amos
Acceptance is considered to be the biggest fight in this era. One should not judge and underestimate someone’s creativity. Be yourself and not a fake. Once you are yourself, there is a whole theatre for you to play. One has to choose either to be a director or an imitator.
5. “Creativity requires faith. Faith requires that we relinquish control.”– Julia Cameron
In this quote by Julia, she highlighted a significant postulate of Faith. She claims it to drive people to their path. Creativity is personal, and it’s natural. Thus, one needs to have faith in their art. If they have faith in themselves, everyone will have it one day. Relinquish here implies giving up. Julia wants to convey that giving up control on something you love is not wrong in this quote. One should not control creativity as it builds the fences around art, and there should not be any fence between art and creativity.
6. “Every child is an artist; the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.”– Pablo Picasso
The quote was published in 1976 after Pablo Picasso died. He wanted to convey a very simple and bitter truth with this quote. According to him, each child is an artist by their nature. When they grow up, their responsibilities become a problem. Kids get trapped by the world’s benchmark and lose their creativity. Creativity is about losing control and letting go of yourself. Children fear it when they hear “it’s not acceptable.”
7. “Painting is a poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry is a painting which is heard but not seen.”– Leonardo da Vinci
Leonardo da Vinci combined deep thinking and art throughout his great life. He highlights that visitors first see the painting; they can only feel it after carefully observing and pondering. Whereas poetry is a painting that is felt when we read the lines. One needs to have eyes to see the art and the mind’s eye to see the poem.
8. “If I could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint.”– Edward Hopper
We can relate this with one beautiful quote by Arthur Koestler, “True creativity often starts where language ends.” Some feelings are not expressed in words. Some express them by writing or singing, whereas some by painting. In both of the gestures, the love and efforts are deep. Some feelings don’t have words, whereas some bring out feelings more than words. Some of the arts by Edward have great creativity that can bring out chills in kids and youth.
9. “Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons.”– AI Hirschfeld
Hirschfeld is an artist that combines black and white linear drawing with portraits to form iconic visual languages. Some give up and see others living their dream. It means he never wanted to give up. Children are probably the most insistent being, and they are not ready to give up. Likewise, artists fall in love with their passion and hobby at a tender age and never give it up.
10. “Art is not what you see, but what make others see.” – Edgar Degas
Edgar Degas was confident about his work, and he wanted to portray his artistic universe through his vision and artwork. He firmly believed that art is not a source of entertainment but is much more in itself. Art can play with your emotions, inspire you to look at the world from a different point of view, improve your mental health, etc. Art has the power to make you change the way you see things from different perspectives
Quotes are never confined to a person or a generation; they need to be passed through generations to retain the essence. Thus, it would be our responsibility to pass on enticing picks to kids. Additionally, stating the same wouldn’t be enough; we need to elucidate their underlying meaning too. Therefore, the motive of these quotes is not to produce career artists but to raise children who are confident and comfortable with their creativity in whatever form it takes. Check out the picks above to preach them to your beloved kids.