Special education can be seen as specialized instruction to meet the learning needs of a special child and provide them opportunities to the fullest potential. We like to read quotes, especially positive quotes because they are concise sentences that express wisdom and awaken motivation, inspiration, and happiness.
Quotes help to keep the motivation going and give hope for the better. The quotes also help the teacher in communicating and nourishing the bond with the children. Hence, in this post, we will talk about a few such quotes that can help kids who have special needs, keeping in mind, that the right kind of motivation can do wonders.
Inspiring quotes raising the voice for special education needs
1. Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or in the same way. – George Evans.
2. When you judge someone based on a diagnosis, you miss out on their abilities, beauty, and uniqueness. – Sevenly.
3. If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.– Ignacio Estrada.
4. When we listen and celebrate what is both common and different, we become wiser, more inclusive, and better as an organization.- Pat Wadors.
5. A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.- Henry Brooks Adams.
6. I’ll say this: It takes a special person to see the special needs of a complicated kid.-James Duff.
7. Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge, and children with special needs inspire a very, very special love.– Sarah Palin.
8. Fitting in allows you to blend in with everyone else, but being different allows you to be yourself, to be unique, and to be more creative.- Sonya Parker.
9. In special education, there’s too much emphasis placed on the deficit and not enough on the strength.– Temple Grandin
10. A good special education teacher is hard to find and even harder to hang on to.– Lourdes Garcia-Navarro
11. I decided to study special education and fell in love with working with individuals with autism. That’s what I planned to do with my life.– Clay Aiken
12. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.- Nelson Mandela
13. If kids come to us from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job easier. If they do not come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families, it makes our job more important.– Barbara Coloroso
14. The secret in education lies in respecting the student.- Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You`re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who`ll decide where to go. – Dr. Seuss
16. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. – Sidney Harris
17. If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart. – Nelson Mandela
18. Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. – Plato
19. The educator must believe in the potential power of his pupil, and he must employ all his art in seeking to bring his pupil to experience this power.– Alfred Adler
20. Much education today is monumentally ineffective. All too often we are giving young people cut flowers when we should be teaching them to grow their own plants.– John W. Gardner.
21. When I see you through my eyes, I think we are different. When I see you through my heart, I know we are the same. – Doe Zantamata
22. The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.- Khalil Gibran
23. What most people don’t know is that most Special Education teachers are really angels disguised as extraordinary humans.– Joe Martin.
24. I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. It might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.– John Steinbeck.
25. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.– Albert Einstein
26. No child left behind requires states and school districts to ensure that all students are learning and are reaching their highest potential. Special education students should not be left out of these accountability. – Dianne Feinstein
27. Inclusive education seeks to address the learning needs of all children, with a specific focus on those who are vulnerable to marginalization and exclusion. The goal is to promote opportunities for all children to participate and be treated equally.- Andie Fong Toy.
28. It is different than in special education where you have no alternative. For the gifted, it is an issue that is not absolutely required.– Arthur Allen.
29. The highest result of education is tolerance. – Helen Keller.
30. It shouldn’t matter how slowly a child learns. What matters is that we encourage them to never stop trying.- Robert John Meehan.
31. It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.– Maya Angelou.
32. Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don’t fit into boxes.– Tori Amos.
33. What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.- Oscar Wilde.
34. Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.– Fred Rogers.
35. All children with special needs have a right to be part of a family, a community, and society.– Angela Dare
36. Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone.– Martina Navratilova.
37. All of the children of silence must be taught to sing their own song.- Thomas Gallaudet.
38. Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students, and enthusiastic parents with high expectations.- Bob Beauprez.
39. Every child deserves a champion – an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.- Rita Pierson.
40. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.– Confucius.
Quotes: A proven method of Inspiration and Motivation
Keeping a positive mind is easier if you make Inspirational Quotes a habit. Inspirational quotes can serve as comfort during tough times. Inspiring quotes help us to focus on what is important. There is a power in well-expressed words.
Words from leaders and popular personalities may also have more impact because of the assumption that when people are in public positions, they must be accomplished, wise, or otherwise exceptional to have achieved those positions. Therefore messages from such leaders seem more powerful.
To sum up, well-structured words in the form of quotes can be meaningful and helpful in changing our thinking and help us see something that we want to change or overcome. They also change our mood for the better. Positive quotes make you feel positive, optimistic, energetic, and ready to set goals and take action. It can keep one motivated during the challenging profession of being a special education needs provider. Rather than living in past experiences, quotes help one to move ahead in life. In the field of special education, there is a need for positivity and hard work. Inspiring quotes serve as a motivation to keep going.