“I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.”– Alexander the Great
The young minds of children have everything they learn imprinted on them, and this later influences their life in various ways. Today’s children will be the leaders of tomorrow and will play an important role in society in their own ways.
The greatest influence on a child’s mind is from the family at home and the teacher at school. A teacher, therefore, is one of the most important members of our society. Great teachers have the ability to change lives for the better. They can be role models and inspire the children to think bigger.
At the same time teaching is a tough job. But it can make a big difference in another person’s life and help to bring about positive changes too. Being a selfless profession, teaching is total dedication and not just a monetary interest. It then becomes a great motivation and encouragement to be appreciated for efforts by the parents of the child or the principal.
In this article let us have a look at some words of appreciation that have been showered by the parents and the principal as a token of appreciation and gratitude for the teacher.
20 Powerful quotes for teachers from parents
1. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops“.- Henry Brooks Adams
2. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
3. “Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” – Albert Einstein
4.” It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” -Tom Brokaw
5. “A good teacher can inspire hope; ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.”– Brad Henry
6. “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.”- Carl Jung
7. “A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded“.–Darwin D. Martin
8. “What a gift for any teacher to see the students smile and live up to their potential. That’s the reward. That’s humbling to be a witness to something like that.”- Mary Vallelonga
9.”The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” – Sidney Hook
11. “If you can read this, thank a teacher“.- American Proverb
12. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
13. “Teacher appreciation makes the world of education go around.” – Helen Peters
14. “Educators are the only people who lose sleep over other people’s kids.” –Nicholas A. Ferroni
15. “Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.” – Andy Rooney
16. “Your heart is slightly bigger than the average human heart, but that’s because you’re a teacher.” – Aaron Bacall
17. “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.”– Joyce Meyer
18. “Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.” –Scott Hayden
19. “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” –Colleen Wilcox
20. “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.” – Unknown
20 Motivating quotes for teachers from principal
1. “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me. “– Fred Rogers
2. “Wherever you find something extraordinary, you’ll find the fingerprints of a great teacher.” –Arne Duncan
3. “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese
4.” If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.”– Guy
5. “I now know that I was in the presence of the only angels we are ever likely to make the acquaintance of teachers blessed with the love of small people who are trying to find their place in the world.”― Ted Kooser
6. “Whoever first coined the phrase ‘you’re the wind beneath my wings’ most assuredly was reflecting on the sublime influence of a very special teacher.” — Frank Trujillo
7. “Good teaching is more a giving of the right questions than a giving of right answers.”-
8. “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.” – Unknown
9. “Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon.”- Ann Lieberman
10. “Good teachers make the best of a pupil’s means; great teachers foresee a pupil’s ends.” – Maria Callas
11. “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” – Mark Van Doren
12.” Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.” -Jacques Barzun
13. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.”– John Dewey
14. “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.”– Plato
15. “If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.”– Ignacio ‘Nacho’ Estrada
16.” If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.”– John Dewey
17. “The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence.”- Amos Bronson Alcott
18. “The teachers who get “burned out” are not the ones who are constantly learning, which can be exhilarating, but those who feel they must stay in control and ahead of the students at all times.”- Frank Martin
19. “A teacher is someone who makes you see the light when you only saw the darkness.” – Unknown
20. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”- William Butler Yeats
How do these quotes affect teachers?
A study has suggested that teachers, when recognized, are more engaged at work. Greater teacher engagement leads to greater student engagement, leading to better student outcomes. When the teacher’s hard work receives appreciation, they feel valued. They begin enjoying their work more and show more dedication.
The greatest reward for a teacher is the success of a student. The feeling of having helped the student is very satisfying. Hence a few words of appreciation from the parent or the head of the institution will go a long way in improvement of the teaching potential of the teacher. A teacher’s patience and devotion to the profession are to be always highlighted.
The best way to appreciate a teacher is to appreciate the hard work that they do and their high level of expertise.
Everyone has a teacher who helped them develop many positive traits and learn things that shaped them into who they are today.
For teachers, recognition isn’t just about ego or accolades. It motivates them to continue the pursuit of excellence. A simple acknowledgment from someone is exactly what educators need to strive to help students to reach their collective potential. Teachers hardly get any appreciation for making such a huge impact on society! It’s about time and we must change this attitude. A few words of appreciation are all it takes to make a teacher happy and feel like all the efforts are worth it. Thanking a teacher is a commendable attitude as a parent or a principal.
An engineer, Maths expert, Online Tutor and animal rights activist. In more than 5+ years of my online teaching experience, I closely worked with many students struggling with dyscalculia and dyslexia. With the years passing, I learned that not much effort being put into the awareness of this learning disorder. Students with dyscalculia often misunderstood for having just a simple math fear. This is still an underresearched and understudied subject. I am also the founder of Smartynote -‘The notepad app for dyslexia’,