Teaching is a noble profession. This profession becomes more challenging when dealing with students with learning difficulties like dyslexia. There are times when teachers feel hopeless, angry, and are at the brink of giving up when the students don’t respond to inputs as expected. It is when the teachers need a dose of motivation. This much-needed motivation can be derived from some popular dyslexia quotes that keep teachers all charged up for trying better and better every day.
Let’s take a look at some of the inspiring dyslexia quotes that are sure to give all teachers a handy resource to feel positive and committed to their profession; they might find themselves saving these as the wallpaper of the laptop or mobile phone too!
1. Quote that gives a deeper insight over the need to appreciate the creative abilities of dyslexic children
“Creativity is the key for any child with dyslexia, or for anyone for that matter. Then you can think outside of the box. Teach them anything is attainable. Let them run with what you see is whatever they need to run with.” – Orlando Bloom
2. Quote that tells you about the importance of your role as a Dyslexia-aware teacher
” A teacher educated about Dyslexia can be the one person who saves a child and his/her family from years of frustration and anxiety. That teacher can play a pivotal role in changing the whole culture of the school.” – Dr. Kelli Sandman Hurley
3. Quote that inspires teachers to look for and bring out the best in every student including dyslexics
“What is a teacher? I’ll tell you: it isn’t someone who teaches something, but someone who inspires the student to give of her best in order to discover what she already knows.” – Paulo Coelho, The Witch of Portobello
4. Quote on the importance of encouraging creative expression while teaching
“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” -Dyslexic, Albert Einstein
5. Inspirational quote for teachers that tells the importance of adjusting teaching according to the learning curve of children
“If children can’t learn the way we teach, then we have to teach the way they learn. ” – Robert Buck
6. Quote on the importance of modifying the teaching methods
“For reasons we’ve explored, children struggling to read aren’t going to be helped by the one-size-fits-all approach that is typical in so many schools. Rather, we need teachers who are trained to use a toolbox of principals that they can apply to different types of children.”
― Maryanne Wolf
7. Quote that can inspire teachers to teach more than just basic skills
“Teaching kids to Count is fine, but teaching them what counts is the best.” – Bob Talbert
8. Quote that shows the role of the teacher is not to just follow a curriculum
“I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
9. Quote on how quality teachers can add to the knowledge of willing learners
“Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese Proverb
10. Very inspirational quote for teachers who drive creativity in dyslexic children
Our task, regarding creativity, is to help children climb their own mountains, as high as possible. No one can do more.” -Loris Malaguzzi
11. Quote that shows teachers are with us for a lifetime and beyond!
“A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” -Henry Brooks Adams
12. Quote that tells why teaching is nobler than any other profession!
“Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.” -Aristotle.
13. Quote that lays stress on the importance of clear and straightforward teaching methods
“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” – Albert Einstein
14. Quote that inspires teachers to encourage children to have an independent view or opinion
“The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.” – Alexandra K Trenfor
15. Teacher has to be a learner too, this quote sums it up beautifully!
“If You’ve Told a Child a Thousand Times, and the Child Still Has Not Learned, Then It Is Not the Child Who Is the Slow Learner.” – Walter Barbee
16. Quote on the importance of being flexible with teaching methods
“If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” – Ignacio Estrada
Quotes wrap in them all the knowledge one garners out of experience in a simple yet thought-provoking manner. These inspire, motivate, guide, and also encourage all readers including teachers. Further, their universal appeal makes it easier for everyone to relate to them; they feel they are not alone in their struggles. So, when you need a quick way to keep the spirits high, you can go through the quotes for teachers and have a nobler perspective of your profession.
Share the word
If you find this post helpful, then please help us spread the word. Share the post with your friends, family, and colleagues. Do not forget to subscribe to our updates. Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated. You can reach us through the contact form and we will get back at you shortly.