Summer break from school has begun!
With newly sharpened pencils, fresh colors, new haircuts, and optimistic outlooks, we began the year. And now we’re finishing it with ripped notebooks and flat erasers, but also with stronger bonds between us and a ton of new information in our minds. To us, it seems like a sensible trade-off.
Teachers have to fulfill all of the end-of-school-year tasks before they can plan their vacation, enjoy the sun, and summer camps, and laze around on the beach. There are exams to take, assignments to overlook (senior-itis, am I right? ), and class gatherings to take part in.
The last day of school is always bittersweet, regardless of your grade or the type of school you teach. Something is coming to an end, and goodbyes are frequently bittersweet. A new school year will begin, and you will start it a little older, a little wiser, and perhaps a little more tanned from your summer travels.
Expressive last day of school quotes for teachers
1. “The two best days of school: the first and the last”
– The first day is the best because you’ve met your friends, eaten tiffin and snacks with them. And then it starts getting on your nerves because you’ve got to handle a bunch of cute-looking terrors packets all through the semester.
2. “You’ve finished the year strong. Well done”.
– Guess what? This is the line teachers need to hear the most every day to survive.
3. “Teaching: some days you change the world. Other days, you end up hiding under your desk eating the leftover Skittles from a math lesson that was good on paper”
– Don’t we all have our days? Teachers are no different. We often forget that teachers are humans too and they have all the right to be mischievous too.
4. “So often you find that the students you’re trying to inspire are the ones that end up inspiring you”
– You’re the best learner when your guard and arrogance and know-it-all attitude are down. Adults often forget that learning has nothing to do with age.
5. “I call my students ‘my kids’ because in our year together, they aren’t just kids on my class list, they become a part of my heart”
– It’s like going through a constant heartbreak over and over again, every single year, and coping with it. Isn’t it, teachers?
6. “Two things you need to survive the last week of school: chocolate and caffeine”
– With so much going on from the end of the examination, results pressure, to parent-teacher meetings, to emotionally detaching from the kids they have started getting fond of, the last two weeks are a roller-coaster.
7. “They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel”
– Kids’ memories are sharper than you ever give them credit for.
8. “School may be hard, annoying, and irritating. But admit it, you’re going to miss it when it ends“
– Don’t you, teachers?
9. “As long as teachers give tests, there will always be prayer in schools”
– Funny as it may sound, the joke about the pressure of tests and examinations are never ending and as relevant as they can get.
10. “You don’t want to look back and know you could’ve done better”
– Don’t punish yourself for not being able to give your best shot on some days, teachers. It’s not always summer.
11. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened”
– The last day is the most precious day and obviously, getting emotional about it is normal for teachers. But, it’s essential you smile for the memories you’ve made with your students.
12. “What feels like the end is often the beginning”
– You’re going to be back and better at the job you absolutely love, after a short break.
13. “Let the next adventure begin”
– Teachers are seldom prepared for what the next semester has in store for them. From Covid to changes in question paper patterns, nothing is predictable.
14. “Happiness is the last day of school! A teacher’s two favorite words: May and June”
– It’s not just the best time for kids, but also for teachers. Love for school is one thing, and a break from it is another.
15. “The first day of school: the day when the countdown to the last day of school begins”
– For most teachers, the excitement and the long wait for vacation are as exciting as school.
16. “What sculpture is to a block of marble; education is to the human soul”
– And who does it better than teachers? No one.
17. “Intelligence and character—that is the goal of true education”
– The last day of school brings scope for a new first day. It’s an endless, fulfilling journey for teachers, and what they impart, cannot be matched to anything.
The last day of school is also the start of the rest and relaxation the teachers direly need. It’s time to say goodbye to all of friends, classmates, and instructors on the last day of school. It’s the day to get our yearbooks signed and cleaned out of your lockers. If you’re a teacher, very importantly, grades are done! Oh, and summer plans made.