Have you ever imagined the feeling of getting back to school? While all children are enthusiastic about new bags and books, it is equally crucial to equip teachers with much-needed motivation. Vacations offer a relaxing time for individuals, In such a situation, quotes can be helpful to motivate teachers like never before!
As teachers play an important role in transforming education across the globe, we surely owe them a lot. Quotes help teachers stay motivated and plan different ideas for teaching children. It also drives the inner vision to do better, derive innovative ways, and collaborate with other teachers. The beginning of school brings thousands of emotions and quotes help give a direction to these feelings.
Check out these fantastic quotes that are a package of motivation, success, and the feeling of getting back to school.
Inspiring back-to-school quotes for teachers
Teachers are a powerful resource that helps modify a child’s development. As everyone gets back to school after a rejuvenating vacation, these quotes are useful for teachers to feel motivated and goal-oriented. Use these quotes in numerous ways to make the beginning of the year, an interesting pathway to the future.
1. “School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation’s over, school is here.” – Winifred C. Marshal
2. “School is a building which has four walls with tomorrow inside.” – Lon Watters
3. “One child, one teacher, one pen, and one book can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
4. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Education doesn’t make us smarter. It makes us whole.” – Jill Biden
6. “Education is not the learning of many facts, but the training of the mind to think.” – Albert Einstein
7. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
8. “You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” – Clay P. Bedford
10. “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.” – G.K. Chesterton
11. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry B. Adams
12. “Education is the difference between wishing you could help other people and being able to help them.” – Russell M. Nelson
13. “I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.”- Jenny Han
14. “Intelligence plus character — that is the true goal of education.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
15. “The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.” – Abraham Lincoln
16. “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” – Josef Albers
17. Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese Proverb
18. “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz
19. “The future of the world is in my classroom today.” – Ivan Welton Fitzwater
20. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
21. “Education is the difference between wishing you could help other people and being able to help them.” – Russell M. Nelson
22. “We don’t stop going to school when we graduate.” – Carol Burnett
23. “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
24. “In a global economy, where the most valuable skill you can sell is your knowledge, a good education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity, it is a prerequisite.” – Barack Obama
25. “We learn 10% of what we read, 20% of what we hear, 30% of what we see, 50% of what we see and hear, 70% of what we discuss, 80% of what we experience, 95% of what we teach others.” – William Glasser
26. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” – Aristotle
27. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
28. “The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.” – Robert M. Hutchins
29. “He who opens a school door closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
30. “A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.” – Mark Twain
31. “I’m not going to school just for academics. I wanted to share ideas, to be around people who are passionate about learning.” – Emma Watson
32. “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.” – Anonymous
33. “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” – Dr. Suess
34. “When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.” – Dalai Lama
35. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” – Charles Dederich
36. “The road to – here and everywhere on earth – begins in the classroom.” – Hubert Humphrey
37. “Every day is the first day of school.” – Dr. Edoardo Zeloni Magelli
38. “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” – Harry Wong
39. “You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.” – Les Brown
40. “In an effective classroom, students should not only know what they are doing, but they should also know why and how.” – Harry Wong
41. “Time to rise. Time for school! Open your eyes.” – Tammie Jones
42. “The first day of school is our second New Year’s. It is our day to make resolutions, to look backward to former lapses and triumphs and to look ahead, usually with a mix of anxiety and hope, to the year to come.” – Mark Edmundson
43. “It’s one of my favorite seasons of the year: Back to School.” – Dana Perino
44. “A new school year means new beginnings, new adventures, new friendships, and new challenges. The slate is clean and anything can happen.” – Denise Witmer
45. “Fall is here, hear the bell. Back to school, ring the bell. Brand new shoes, walking blues. Climb the fence, books and pens.” – The White Stripes
46. “You have to stay in school. You have to. … Because that’s the one thing people can’t take away from you is your education. And it is worth the investment.” – Michelle Obama
47. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
48. “The first day of school is always a fashion show, The rest of the school year? A pajama party.” – Unknown
49. “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100 percent all the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
50. “It is not what is poured into the student but what is planted that counts.” – E.P. Bertin
How to use these quotes?
It can be tricky to understand the correct usage of quotes as school begins. You might wonder who should use them and how to use them in a manner that serves the best of their purpose. Basically, these quotes can be used by students as well as the school management.
Explore some of the unique ways that help you use these quotes in the best possible manner.
- Students can do a good job with these quotes. Provide them with the list and ask students to welcome their teachers with a quote written on the whiteboard. They can do this every day and see how distinct conversations begin with such interesting quotes.
- The school management also gets an opportunity to use these quotes for teachers. These quotes can be written on a common green board or whiteboard in a common area on the school premises. These quotes can also be showcased in the staff room or the best possible place where teachers meet.
- The other way to use these quotes is to announce them every day as soon as school begins. This can be done in an interesting manner by inviting students, teachers, and the non-teaching staff to read aloud over the speaker connected to all classrooms.
Such ways are sure to create a happy learning environment while providing a sense of motivation every day. Students and teachers also get exposure to different ideas and perspectives of famous personalities.
Quotes help build a steady and successful learning environment for students as well as teachers. They provide exposure to the thoughts of popular personalities across the world. School management can also use various team-building activities or jokes to welcome teachers. Such activities help them jam with each other, discuss their vacation time, and build a collaborative learning experience.
Now that you know the quotes and their usage, use them to create a sense of belongingness in the school. Quotes are indeed a good way to impart a feeling of a large community that just got back to winning over the world!