Last Updated on October 16, 2023 by Editorial Team
When you subtract 0 from any number, the result is the number itself. And, when you subtract the number from the number, the resultant value is zero. If ideas like this fascinate you but confuse you at the same time, you can get respite in our subtraction flashcards PDFs.
We have designed these printable flashcards so that you can practice subtraction till you attain unquestionable mastery. Download and save, or print these flashcards to make your hour of learning subtraction a fun-filled learning time.
Best ways to use our printable subtraction 0-20 flashcards
Flashcards can ease the process of internalizing subtraction operations. The recall ease builds confidence among budding learners and becomes fluent with the concept of taking off a value from the other, bigger given value. A few of the well-researched uses of flashcards for teaching subtraction are:
- An activity material: It is not going to help much if you decide to indulge kids in books and worksheets only for mastering the subtraction. Kids are fascinated by alternatives to books. The flashcards shift the focus from conventional to non-conventional learning methods effortlessly. Thus, you can create lots of activities like filling number bonds charts, doing subtraction mentally, etc. by employing subtraction flashcards.
- A test kit element: How about giving the test to the kids on subtraction topics using flashcards? First, you demonstrate the subtraction method to little math beginners. Then, depending upon teaching goals, you can give repetitions of the same, and eventually, ask kids to solve the questions by themselves. It is the best strategy to familiarize kids with basic math operations like subtraction.
- Homework material: Our subtraction flashcards can be an awesome tool for giving assignments to do at home. When put to homeschooling, guardians can help kids with an effective learning process by providing them with flashcards as their study material.
- Learning support while on the move: We designed subtraction flashcards to bring forth the idea of technology in education. Using these, you can easily engage kids in a meaningful activity like learning concepts when you are on a road trip. Also, if a test is around and you want to give last-minute brushing up on subtraction concepts, you can extract these device-friendly PDFs from your downloads folder and fulfill the quick learning need.
Benefits of using subtraction flashcards printables
Subtraction Flashcards printable in PDF formats can deliver several learning-focused benefits. Researchers and education specialists from various universities around the world have approved these benefits as well. For instance,
- Removal of math anxiety: The best advantage is that the subtraction printable PDF mitigates math anxiety. Since the students need not deal with books, they feel driven to practice the concept.
- Quick concept imbibing: Flashcards are effective in encouraging quick concept recall. An AGILE program run at Maine University emphasizes using these. These study materials have earned this reputation due to their role in the effective imbibing of concepts among students.
- Make self-study interesting: Printable Flashcards to learn subtraction makes self-learning a cakewalk. The learners can have their personal collection of these flashcards and spice up their math hour. Also, when studying in groups, these can act as quick quiz resources and can form the base of meaningful discussions.
Try our printable PDF flashcards for subtraction to master these basics. Since these operations are useful for various life activities, you can consider these study materials as no less than a survival kit while preparing for future responsibilities. As an advanced learner, too, you can revisit subtraction by solving the given questions mentally. Share with us how these printables for subtraction improved your learning curve and helped you deal with learning difficulties too.
- Senzaki, S., Hackathorn, J., Appleby, D. C., & R. Gurung, R. A. (2017). Reinventing Flashcards to Increase Student Learning. Psychology Learning & Teaching. https://doi.org/10.1177/1475725717719771
- Lin, Chelsea & Mcdaniel, Mark & Miyatsu, Toshiya. (2018). Effects of Flashcards on Learning Authentic Materials: The Role of Detailed Versus Conceptual Flashcards and Individual Differences in Structure-Building Ability. Journal of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition. 7. 10.1016/j.jarmac.2018.05.003.
An engineer, Maths expert, Online Tutor and animal rights activist. In more than 5+ years of my online teaching experience, I closely worked with many students struggling with dyscalculia and dyslexia. With the years passing, I learned that not much effort being put into the awareness of this learning disorder. Students with dyscalculia often misunderstood for having just a simple math fear. This is still an underresearched and understudied subject. I am also the founder of Smartynote -‘The notepad app for dyslexia’,