Last Updated on February 10, 2022 by Editorial Team
Data handling is an important activity that helps achieve fluency in mathematical reasoning. One can become a pro in numeric logical reasoning problems with a lot of practice. Amongst various data-crunching tools, the one that stands out in delivery and appeal is a venn diagram. A printable Venn diagram based worksheet can be accessed on phone or tablet; you can print them and create their copies for regular practice too.
Why practicing Venn diagram is a good idea?
Venn Diagrams, originally known as Eulerian Circles, offer interesting tools to learn to classify data sets based on common and unique characteristics. These diagrams give a winsome tool for identifying and classifying the people, things, or anything distinguishable. By practicing Venn diagrams printable PDFs, one can acquire skills like:
- Logical and mathematical reasoning
- Data differentiation
- Solving numeric reasoning problems
- Characteristics identification abilities, etc.
Types of printable Venn diagram worksheets included
In this post, we have designed three types of Venn Diagrams worksheets for you. These types are:
- Venn Diagrams Level -1: This worksheet requires you to answer questions based on data that comprises swimmers and boxers. Hint: There is a common area where two circles overlap. The names lying in that area constitute those sportspeople who are both boxers and swimmers. Similarly, the boxing champs will be the people whose names are listed in the boxing circle exclusively, and the same concept is applicable to the swimmers. In Level-1, two circles only are used.
- Venn Diagrams Level -2: In this printable Venn Diagrams Worksheet level – 2, the information is spread in three circles. Unlike level-1 where the attribute of information is only 1, which is sports discipline, in this level, the data sets’ attributes are multiple and somewhat unrelated to each other. Here, you are required to decode information from data sets that comprise doctors, artists, and those older than 40. The rule remains the same; the areas where circles overlap define the data set that has multiple attributes.
- Venn Diagrams Level -3: Our Level-3 worksheet printable is based entirely on numeric reasoning. Students are required to understand the clues and fill the exclusive and overlapping parts of circles with relevant numbers. They may need to brush up on their concepts of smaller and greater numbers, odd and even numbers and multiples of numbers, etc. to be able to solve this sheet.
Benefits of solving Venn diagram printable worksheets
Solving printable Venn Diagrams enables students to become data-intelligent. In the process of solving Venn diagrams, they acquire skills like:
- Re-grouping data sets based on different attributes
- Comparison of data sets based on information available and how to classify these correctly
- Differentiating data sets based on the attributes and also developing an understanding of how to spot and ascertain similarities.
How to explain Venn diagrams to students?
Explaining Venn diagrams to students can be tricky. Students with learning disabilities may find it more difficult to decode the information when presented in a tabular format. But, they can understand and apply the process of classification much better way with the help of Venn diagrams. Some of the easy ways of explaining Venn diagrams are:
- Color-coding various parts: Code similar and unique attributes in different colors to help children understand the classification method.
- Number talk sessions: You can create number talk sessions with Venn diagrams put at the core of the activity. By asking children how they arrived upon similarities and exclusive attributes, you can drive children into logical thinking.
- Designing quizzes: Various quizzes can be designed from Venn diagrams that can help students identify themselves as mathematical-logical intelligent people. They can gain more confidence by designing quizzes and work up their thinking while trying to solve quizzes in a time-bound manner.
Venn Diagrams printable PDFs work as a visually appealing tool for number-crunching beginners. These diagrams allow students to learn all about evaluating and classifying information. With constant improvements and betterment of performance with regular practice, you can master Venn diagrams, which can drive you to become more numerically intelligent. As a teacher, these printables serve as engaging teaching tool to gain fluency in data-crunching.